Creation In Common, a 16-year old strategic services consulting firm working with regional and national nonprofits, foundations, and government agencies, is seeking a bright, highly-motivated, self-starter who wishes to advance their knowledge and expertise in the areas of research, programmatic evaluation, and organizational development. Our working motto is that we “Help People Lead and Create Together.” Collaboration is at the center of what we do. We focus on deeply connecting with the communities that our clients serve.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is planning to begin a career in working with nonprofits, consulting, or gaining more professional research experience.
Are you someone who…
- Has an excitement for learning and seeking out new information and data
- Likes writing, formatting, and summarizing data
- Is extremely organized and attentive to details
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and likes juggling multiple projects/tasks
- Enjoys communicating with people on the phone and in-person
- Is willing to travel within the state of Minnesota
The primary objective of this internship is to garner and deepen an array of professional skills and experiences that include: research project coordination and logistics, data collection, and the creation of high-quality reports and client deliverables.
Your work will focus on two main areas:
Research Project Management:
- Coordination of research project calendars
- Scheduling and coordination of research interviews and focus groups
- Scheduling of client meetings
- Organization of data and file system management
- Bi-weekly client progress reporting (as needed)
Data Collection, Analysis, and Reporting:
- Survey data collection and entry per specific projects
- Research and summarizing of findings from online and print sources
- Proofing and formatting of reports
- Formatting written transcriptions (not actual transcribing)
The candidate must have…
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to proof and format documents
- Ability to do outreach via telephone
- Strong coordination skills handling multiple projects and tasks
- High competency working with MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint as well as the G Suite (Google) of productivity tools
- Some experience with survey and data collection methods
- Attention to detail
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- A natural curiosity to learn more about a variety of subjects
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following…
- Be a Master’s Degree Candidate or have graduated with a focus on research, program evaluation, or organizational development
- Excel at research writing (with citations)
- Have good working knowledge and skills working with survey programs (e.g. Survey Monkey, Qualtrics) and conducting online research
- Be able to work collaboratively with others (co-writing, planning, etc.)
- Have written and verbal communication skills in one of the following: Spanish, Somali, or a S.E. Asian Language
- Experience working with underrepresented communities
This position will report to the Director of Research and interact with members of the Creation In Common team as well as clients of the firm.
This is a paid internship ranging between $16 to $20 per hour based on education and experience. Position is expected to work 20-hours per week with occasional additional hours based on availability.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Carlo M. Cuesta, Managing Partner at email@example.com by September 21, 2018. Please send any inquiries or questions to the same email address.