Creation In Common, a 17-year old strategic services consulting firm working with regional and national nonprofits, foundations, and government agencies, is seeking a highly-motivated, self-starter to advance the firm’s project coordination and research efforts. Our working motto is that we “Help People Lead and Create Together.” Collaboration is at the center of what we do. We focus on deeply connecting with the communities that our clients serve.
Are you someone who…
- Gets excited about facilitating efforts that build capacity for the nonprofit sector
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and likes juggling multiple projects/tasks
- Is extremely organized and attentive to details
- Loves setting up and maintaining useful systems for getting the work done
- Can anticipate the needs of a team and contribute to helping team members be more effective and efficient
- Believes that good communication (in-person and on-the-phone) requires both a professional and personal touch
- Enjoys collecting, organizing, and making sense of a variety of data points
- Understands how good organization advances collaboration and insight
The primary objective of this position is to provide daily project coordination and logistics as well as assist research efforts through data sourcing, collection support, and the creation of finished reports. A successful candidate will be extremely organized, have attention to detail, and be able to manage multiple complex projects with lots of moving parts. In addition, this candidate will be proactive and thrive on the ability to adapt quickly to changing client needs.
Work will focus on two main areas:
- Oversight and updating of the firm’s overall project tasks and deadlines including maintaining firm’s customer relationship management system
- Implementation of client management systems including project launch protocol, setting up of project schedules, and scheduling of client meetings
- Management of client agreements
- Setting up client files and keeping firm file system organized
- Orienting new consultants to the firm’s project and administrative systems
- Providing administrative support to the managing partner
- Scheduling and coordination of research interviews and focus groups for specific projects
- Survey deployment, data collection, and entry per specific projects
- Research and summarizing of findings from online and print sources
- Proofing and formatting of reports
- Cleaning up of transcript data (not actual transcription)
The candidate must have…
- A minimum of three-years experience with the coordination and management of multiple projects
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to proof and format documents
- Ability to do outreach via telephone
- High competency working with MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint as well as the G Suite (Google) of productivity tools
- Have good working knowledge and skills working with survey programs (e.g. Survey Monkey)
- Some experience with entering, creating, and compiling data and working with survey tools
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following…
- A minimum of five-years experience with coordination and management of multiple projects
- Master’s Degree with a focus on research, program evaluation, or organizational development
- Excel at research writing (with citations)
- Be able to work collaboratively with others (co-writing, planning, etc.)
- Have written and verbal communication skills in one of the following: Spanish, Somali, or a S.E. Asian Language
- Experience working with underrepresented communities
This position will report to the Managing Partner and interact with members of the Creation In Common team as well as clients of the firm.
Salary range is $22,500 to $26,250. This is a 20-hour per week position. This position may go full-time within four months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Carlo M. Cuesta, Managing Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019. Please send any inquiries or questions to the same email address.